Activities of CSNHA since December 2012
The following is a brief note on the activities of the CSNHA since it was registered in December, 2012
· Preparation of a documentary on the current issues of women affected by the recently concluded war in Sri Lanka with special reference to those in the Wanni Districts in collaboration with The Tamil Forum of Malaysia.
· Arranged and conducted a Panel Discussion at the UNHRC in Geneva on the problems of the women in the war affected areas in the Northern and Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka. The discussion started with the show of the documentary to the audience.
· Conducted an awareness raising meeting in Berne and Lausanne in Switzerland, on the plight of the war victims in Sri Lanka.
· Conducted a successful awareness raising programme for the Sri Lankans residing in and around Zeist in the District of Utrecht in Netherlands in June, 2013 on how co-operatives can help war victims in Sri Lanka.
· Wrote a series of articles to online journals on topics relating to its activities
· Conducted a Cultural Show and a meeting on the occasion of the International Womenâ€™s Day in March, 2013 at Den Helder in Netherlands.
· Having realized the importance of data on the victims of the war for the preparation appropriate projects for their uplift, a data base was prepared with the servicesof a competent computer programmer. A comprehensive data collection format was prepared to collect data. Thereafter data was collected from specified areas in the five districts and fed into the data base for analysis. Reports obtained from the data base were used for the preparation of project proposals sought by prospective funders.
· Conducted a Meeting and Cultural Show on the occasion of the International Widowsâ€™ Day in June, 2013 at Zeist in Netherlands.
· Facilitated the organisation of commemoration meetings in the Wanni Districts of Mannar, Vavuniya, Kilinochchi, Mullaitivu, and the Jaffna District to commemorate the International Widowsâ€™ Day in June 2013. These were arranged in collaboration with Ray of Hope, UK and an unnamed organisation in Switzerland.
· The CSNHA was invited to participate at an International Conference in Brussels conducted by the Youth for Human Rights International â€“ an organisation based in the United States. The representatives of the CSNHA who participated at this meeting in September, 2013 made use of the opportunity to make the participants aware of the plight of the war victims in Sri Lanka whose rights have been violated.
· Attended an awareness raising discussion in London organised to meet charitable institutions and other funding agencies in U.K. to explain the benefits of helping war victims through co-operatives.
· Arranged a meeting of several Charitable Organisations in UK , at the School of Asian and African Studies of the University of London in collaboration with DEEP Global of U.K. to share the experience of resource persons from the Co-operative College in Manchester on how they had helped to uplift the lives of war victims in many countries in Africa.
· Attended a follow-up meeting of charitable organisations interested in forming a consortium of the organisations interested in channelling assistance to the war victims through the grass-root level co-operatives in the Northern and Eastern Provinces of Sri Lanka.
Conducted a member education programme on Project Identification and Formulation, and Accounting Systems in Co-operatives
Follow us on social media
Bankers: ABN AMRO Bank, Netherlands
Name of Account: CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY OF THE NETHERLANDS FOR HUMANITARIAN ACTIVITIES
A/C No: 56 25 15 496
IBAN: NL59ABNA 0562515496
BIC : ABNANL2A